We started thinking about what makes us different to a traditional insurance provider and why should activity providers consider us over any other, lets face it there’s plenty of options out there.
- AIM is a Mutual – like a co operative where the Mutual is owned by the Members, for the Members. Membership offers a network of likeminded providers working towards a common goal. Members connect with each other to help resolve specific issues or questions.
- The Members answer to the Members rather than to shareholders of insurance companies looking for large profits.
- The Mutual is run by a small, dedicated and experienced team and overseen by a Board of Directors all of whom come from the activities industry.
- AIM’s cover is cost effective and of high quality, tailored specifically to our Members’ needs.
- AIM is the cover provider that works in partnership with some of the leading industry bodies such as the ABC, IOL, AHOEC, CLOtC & NCC in order to support the various sectors and maintain the high standards for the industry.
- We provide in house onsite tailored training for Members and their staff on a range of issues including Accident Reporting, Claims Defensibility, Risk Management and Lessons Learned as well as advice on Risk Assessments and Operating Procedures.
- AIM’s Mutual Manager is a solicitor with 24 years’ experience in defending personal injury claims. As such we have great in house expertise in risk management and claims defensibility and so work closely with Members on these issues, which stands us apart from our competitors.
- We handle claims in house and take a strong stance where liability is in dispute, rather than settling on economic grounds as many insurers do. We consider this helps protect your reputation and brand as well as the integrity of the activity sectors and whole industry.
- We can provide a complete cover solution for your core requirements like property and liabilities within the mutual and use a well-established broker to obtain competitive standard market covers such as Directors and Officers, motor, PA/Travel, Cyber and event cancellation, to name a few.
- To assist with the many challenges your business faces, the Mutual has partnered with ARAG plc to provide Legal Expenses cover. This is included with your Membership and provides professional legal and financial support as well as counselling services for staff and their families on any issues they may face and has been utilised by a growing number of Members to help staff mental health.
- AIM fought for its Members to ensure payments for COVID Business Interruption were paid, when other insurers didn’t. To date, payments total over £4m. These have ensured that businesses have been kept afloat and able to continue as well as helping the activity sector recover.
- We love seeing our Members! We regularly visit them including for renewal meetings, training sessions, or just on request.
- As an AIM Member, you are eligible for a share of the underwriting profits in years where a surplus is made and a payment distribution is agreed by the AIM Board
What are you waiting for? call us or complete the proposal form here and one of our small but dedicated team will get back to you.
We know you won’t regret it that’s why so many of our Members renew with us year after year!