Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our Member Survey for 2016. We are delighted to advise that we received responses from over 30% of our Members.
Those who completed our survey were automatically entered into a prize draw to win an IPad Air 2, and our lucky winner was Russell Smith of Outdoor Expeditions Ltd in Suffolk. If you are interested in reading about Outdoor Expeditions, their Member profile is featured in the news section of our website.
The AIM team have been busy collecting all the responses and reviewing the results. We hope that the results are not only of interest to our Members but also to the wider industry. Some of the key points were:
- We asked the responder whether they were the organisation owner, an individual Member or an employee: 73% of our survey responses came from the owners of the organisations
- We asked about the type of activities provided. From those that responded, 43% described themselves as multi-activity non-residential centres, with 35% providing water-based activities
- 39% of the responses came from Members which have been with AIM for between 1-3 years, with 26% having been with us for more than 5 years
- Over 40% of responders heard of AIM through recommendations from our existing Members, with an additional 23% hearing of us through the Institute for Outdoor Learning
- Over 56% of those who responded placed the primary reason they chose AIM as being the specialist service we provide
- When asked how our Members would like to hear from us: 44% chose via seminars and workshops, closely followed by face to face networking events and newsletters. AIM is of course planning a number of Member events for this year and next, which we hope to see you at. A number of responders would also like to see an AIM Facebook page; this is something that AIM is planning to launch very shortly, solely for our Members. We hope the AIM Facebook group will be a place for our Members to share thoughts, ideas and issues, and a forum to keep up to date with industry news.
What would you say was your primary reason for choosing us?
Events & Newsletters
- Over 80% of responders who had attended our AIM Member events agreed that they were likely to attend future events
- Our Members made a number of suggestions for future events, talks and newsletter articles; an overwhelming number are interested in claim case studies and the lessons learned. This is something we will look to include with our publications and talks
We asked our Members what current trends they had noticed in the industry and received a varied response. However, there were some common themes identified, which were:
- An increased demand for adrenaline activities
- An increase in last minute bookings
- Prices being driven down due to competition
- An increase in bush craft type activities
- 72% and 19% of responders are very satisfied and quite satisfied respectively with our new-business service
- 71% and 23% of responders are very satisfied and quite satisfied respectively with our renewal service
Renewal Service Satisfaction
- 16% of responders have used our claims service. Of those who have used it 75% were very satisfied with the process
Claims Process Satisfaction
- 97% of AIM Members who responded were either very likely or quite likely to renew with AIM
How likely are you to renew your cover with AIM?
It is important to us to hear what our Members have to say about AIM. Overall, the response and the feedback have been very positive, with some very useful themes and messages to help us to improve our offering even further. The information received from Members will be used when planning our next newsletter and Member events, as well as future initiatives for AIM in the wider industry.